Friday, February 17, 2012

Things Better Left Unsaid


There’s a lot I don’t say,  even more I don’t do.
I just set fire to the words I scribble
On pads and paper as I sleep this winter through.

You spend your days writing songs, well I can write words too.
I wrote a million pages of words.
I wrote this melody for you.

And I’m sorry this is coming in so low.
It’s not meant to be so harsh.
But it’s an outlet for me, a self-soothing art.

Cause I’ve searched for meaning in street lights,
In stop signs, in the waves of this beach.
There’s nothing romantic about this goodbye speech.

I don’t want to be what you need.
I just want to be who I am.
Still the words I’m trying to form aren’t making any sense.

I’m taking deep breaths, you’re pulling away.
It’s a little dramatic, a little cliché.
And it hurts, I’m breaking, I’m not okay.
Somehow you’ve stolen all that was left of me.

*Another piece from my collective book "But My Heart Said No"

2 comments:

  1. Well said! Hard to write I'm sure, feeling tend to be that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to let people read, good to get out and off my chest.

    ReplyDelete